Latinos Leving Organized Religion- LA Times article

by SouthCentral 4 Replies latest jw friends

• SouthCentral
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Ugh. Their/they. From one cult to another, some folks never learn.

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy

And "Latines" what is that now??? Why not grammatically correct "Latins" or Latinos/Latinas???

When people go out of their way to change grammar for gender neutral activism it rubs me the wrong way. Call me a Boomer but... It just sounds so made up and wrong. Spanish is a language with only two genders for nouns and adjectives so the gender neutral nonsense just sounds fake and pretentious.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Oh, don't get me started*. It amazes me anytime a group that emphasizes respecting other cultures then turns around and tells one of those cultures that they need to update their entire language in order to gain their approval.

I am not a "latine." I am not "latinx." I am latino. Your gender politics do not trump (hah) my culture and my language. Our use of a gender-based language offends you? Your politics-driven attempt to reshape our language offends an entire global culture. So get out of here with that bullshit.

*Oops! Too late. lol

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ILLOWY & TONUS OH:

I agree with you and am tired of this gender politics nonsense. They imagine everybody is going to change their language! I don’t think so!

This is like the tail wagging the dog.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit